About 101 Mobility
Liquid Capital: $100,000
Net Worth Requirement: $250,000
Franchise Fees: $35,000
Royalty: 6% - 7%
Training and Support: Available
Home Office: Wilmington, NC
CEO: Mark Baker
Investement Range $118,390 - $216,220
About 101 Mobility Franchise
101 Mobility is North America’s leading full-service provider of mobility and accessibility solutions. We opened our first location in 2008, and we began franchising in 2010. In just 10 years, we opened over 80 franchise locations across the United States and Canada. We have served over 70,000 customers, and look forward to continuing to impact lives every day.
The 101 Mobility Difference
Many of our competitors, which consist mostly of “mom and pop” companies and anonymous online firms, take advantage of the target market by offering cheap, unreliable products.
Focusing on quality and customer service, 101 Mobility businesses are here to provide trusted, professional, and reliable mobility and accessibility solutions. With over 110 territories served throughout North America, 101 Mobility stands out.
Seniors, veterans, and disabled individuals all depend on 101 Mobility franchises for their stairlifts, ramps, vertical platform lifts, home elevators, and more. We aim to provide our customers with easy, hassle-free solutions. That’s why we offer free on-site consultations, a flexible rental program, and a One Year Limited Warranty for all of our products.
Our customers know that when you choose 101 Mobility, you are choosing the best.
Your loved one is having surgery and won’t be able to climb stairs for a few months. You want them to be able to continue using their bedroom, which is on the second story. You start searching online and find that a stairlift would be the perfect solution. You find a company that sells them, but they don’t offer installation service, so you have to keep shopping. Then, you find a company that sells and installs them – you’re in luck! But they don’t offer rentals – you only need the stairlift for a few months, but you’re stuck paying thousands of dollars to buy one. You go ahead and get it installed, but when you have questions about it later, you can’t reach the company that sold it to you.
Sounds like a terrible experience? We think so too.
That’s why 101 Mobility is different.
We are a one-stop-shop for mobility and accessibility solutions. That means that each of our franchise locations sells, rents, installs and services a wide range of equipment.
Our goal is to provide our customers with easy, hassle-free mobility solutions by offering:
- Free Consultations
- We begin each customer interaction with a free on-site consultation. When we meet with the customer in their home, we can learn more about their situation, understand their challenges, and fully assess any problem areas in their home or business. Only after we fully understand the customer's needs do we recommend a solution and provide a quote. If a customer has a problem, we solve it. That's why we prefer a consultative, low-pressure approach.
- We have relationships with the leading product manufacturers in our field. Each of our franchise locations has the opportunity to sell a range of products from a variety of manufacturers, so we can offer our customers options. 101 Mobility franchises also offer rental options on some products - something that few other businesses in our industry can do!
- Service and Support
- We offer a comprehensive product and installation training course where attendees learn how to install, troubleshoot, and service each of the core products that we offer. Following training, course graduates earn certifications from our manufacturers and have the expertise and confidence to best serve our customers. We're so confident in our products and service that we offer our signature one-year limited service warranty for each product that we sell and install, giving us a competitive edge and offering our customers additional peace of mind.
- Who are our customers?
- Millions of veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities rely on our stairlifts, ramps, and other solutions to stay in their homes. As the leading mobility and accessibility solution provider, 101 Mobility franchise owners impact lives every day.
- 101 Mobility franchises help a diverse group of people with a common need – accessibility solutions. The rising need for the products and services that we offer represents a booming market opportunity.
- While there are competitors who offer similar products and services, the mobility and accessibility equipment market is highly fragmented. This leaves an opportunity for our professional and caring franchise brand to become a household name.
Our Customers Include:
- There’s a trend taking place throughout the senior community: It’s called “aging in place.”
- The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) describes “aging in place” as: “Remaining in one’s home safely, independently and comfortably, regardless of age, income or ability level.” This aging demographic is also growing – and fast! The US Census Bureau predicts that the number of adults 65 and older will double by 2030.
- 101 Mobility businesses are poised to capitalize on this growing market. Offering products such as stairlifts, wheelchair lifts, ramps, bath equipment, and more, 101 Mobility is a trusted name for seniors seeking to age in place.
- 101 Mobility franchise businesses work with Veterans Administration Medical Centers (VAMCs) across the country to provide mobility solutions to our military’s veterans.
- Many veterans require our solutions to enjoy freedom in their homes, either due to service-related injuries or age-related difficulties. VAMCs work with a network of providers to cover the cost of stairlifts, ramps, and other accessibility solutions for qualifying veterans.
- 101 Mobility is proud to be a go-to resource for VAMCs across the country. We have a government contract with the VA that gets you in the door, allowing you to build relationships with your local VAMC purchasing agents.
- Anyone with Mobility Challenges
- With our variety of mobility and accessibility solutions, we serve a wide range of individuals with physical mobility issues.
- Individuals who fit this group may be recovering from an injury or surgery, have a physical disability or degenerative disease or have a condition such as arthritis or vertigo.
- 101 Mobility Franchises work directly with consumers as well as with third-party agencies, such as Worker’s Compensation claims providers, to provide solutions to anyone in need.
We’re proud to offer a wide range of mobility and accessibility solutions from the industry’s leading manufacturers.
- Stairlifts (straight rail, curved rail, indoor, and outdoor) - Stairlifts are one of our most popular product categories. Many seniors rely on stairlifts to provide access to second-story living areas in their homes, allowing them to remain in their homes as they age.
- Wheelchair Ramps - We specialize in aluminum modular wheelchair ramps, which can be configured to fit nearly any application. Our ramps are suitable for residential use, rental, and commercial use (ADA Compliant where applicable).
- Platform Lifts / Porch Lifts - Platform lifts are ideal for access to porches or decks. They have a small footprint, making them ideal for areas where there is not enough room for a ramp.
- Scooter and Wheelchair Carriers - Transporting your scooter, powerchair or wheelchair is easy with a carrier from 101 Mobility. We offer interior and exterior lifts for most vehicle makes and models, including cars, SUVs, vans, and pickup trucks.
- Patient Lifts - 101 Mobility is proud to offer a diverse selection of patient lifts to families, nursing homes, hospitals, long-term care facilities, and more. Our lifts, ranging from sit-to-stand, overhead and portable models, improve accessibility and help prevent injury to the patient and caregiver.
- Pool & Spa Lifts - Pool Lifts from 101 Mobility are such an asset to our customers who have difficulty accessing their pool or spa. We proudly offer a large selection of lifts from brands such as Aqua Creek and Harmar.
- Bath Safety - We are proud to offer a line of bath access/safety products that allow people to more easily access their shower, bath, and toilet: grab bars, bathtub safety doors, toilet safety frames, and transfer benches.
Franchise Training and Support
Our top-notch support includes comprehensive marketing, training, and product resources to help our franchise owners succeed.
There are countless benefits to becoming a 101 Mobility franchise owner. You’ll own a time-tested business with established standards and procedures, in your own protected territory. You can run your independent business with confidence, backed by an experienced management team. Best of all, you benefit from the professional support we provide!
Our onboarding process takes you through the steps to opening your own franchise business, including:
- Weekly Calls to answer questions and provide guidance as you work your way through our pre-open requirements.
- e-Learning Modules to prepare you with the fundamental skills and knowledge necessary to operate a 101 Mobility franchise business.
- A copy of our proprietary Operations Manual to help your operations run effectively.
- Guidance on ordering Initial Equipment and Inventory as well as samples and demonstration units from manufacturers.
- Product & Installation Training during a week-long in-person session at our home office in Wilmington, NC. You’ll become certified to install and service each of the products that we offer. This is the first half of a two-week session.
- Business and Operations Training during the following week at our home office in Wilmington, NC. You’ll learn from subject matter experts in Marketing, Sales, Operations, and more. This is the second half of a two-week session.
- On-site Start-up Assistance and periodic field visits from your Business Development Manager.
Ongoing Training and Support
Once you open your 101 Mobility franchise, we’ll continue to provide ongoing training and support through a multitude of channels, including:
- Established relationships with mobility and accessibility equipment vendors.
- Marketing support, including an SEO-optimized local website.
- Access to our proprietary Mobilink™ software which provides assistance with scheduling, customer management, quotes, inventory, and more.
- Franchise Facebook Groups where you can ask questions and share best practices.
- Weekly Newsletter to keep you updated on industry news and upcoming events.
- Bi-Weekly Support Calls where your Franchise Business Development Manager will help coach you to profitability.
- Monthly Training Webinars on a variety of topics for ongoing learning.
- Annual In-Person Employee Meetings to help optimize employee performance and productivity.
- Annual Regional Meetings for franchise owners and home office staff
- Annual Franchise Conference with a variety of training sessions, activities, and guest speakers.
- There’s a wealth of information to take in when you open a 101 Mobility franchise business, and we provide the channels to help you manage it.
Ready to learn more? - Contact Us
This web page does not constitute a franchise offering or an offer to sell a franchise. A franchise offering can be made by the franchise only in a state if first registered, excluded, exempted or otherwise qualified to offer franchises in that state, and only if provided with an appropriate franchise disclosure document.